The University of South Carolina School of Law, established in 1867 in Columbia, South Carolina, is one of the nation’s oldest law schools, the state’s only nonprofit law school, and a part of the University of South Carolina system. The School of Law is located two blocks from the state capitol building. As the seat of state government, Columbia is home to the Supreme Court of South Carolina, South Carolina Court of Appeals, federal district and bankruptcy courts, South Carolina criminal and civil courts, and courts of special jurisdiction. The School of Law is accredited by the American Bar Association and has been a member of the Association of American Law Schools since 1924.

Follow

Browse the Law School Collections:

Faculty Publications

Law Reviews and Journals