Final Manuscript Preparation Guidelines for Journal of the South Carolina Academy of Science
All submissions must be in English. This journal conforms to Scientific Style and Format, Council of Scientific Editors, Reston, VA, USA.
- Do not include page numbers, headers, or footers. These will be added by the editors.
- Submit the manuscript, including tables, figures, appendices, etc., as a single MS Word file with tables and figures located at the end of the file.
- Page size should be 8.5 x 11-inches.
- All margins (left, right, top and bottom) should be 1.5 inches (3.8 cm), including your tables and figures.
- Single space the text and include line numbering.
- Use a single column layout.
- Copyedit your manuscript.
Tables and Figures
Tables and figures should appear at the end of the manuscript. Large tables or figures should be put on pages by themselves. Tables should follow the general formatting described in Scientific Style and Format, Council of Scientific Editors, Reston, VA, USA. Avoid the use of overly small type in tables. All tables and figures must fit within 1.5" margins on all sides (top, bottom, left and right) in both portrait and landscape view.
References should follow the citation-sequence system described in Scientific Style and Format, Council of Scientific Editors, Reston, VA, USA. References should be cited in the text using superscripted numerals at the end of sentences. It is the author's obligation to provide complete references with the necessary information. References should appear right after the end of the document, beginning on the last page if possible.
Number all references in order of mention in the text, listing references in the table and figure legends last. Group full references at the end of the paper. Cite references by number. Basic style is as follows:
- Book: Author AB, Author CD. 2013. Title of Book. Publisher, City, ST, Country.
- Book Article: Author AB, Author CD. 2013. Title of article. In Adams AB, Smith DC, eds, Title of Book, 2nd ed, Vol 1-Toxicology. Publisher, City, ST, Country, pp 1-5.
- Journal Article: Author AB, Author CD. 2013. Title of article. Title of Journal Vol:Pages.
- Proceedings: Author AB, Author CD. 2013. Title of article. Proceedings, Name of Conference, City, ST, Country, date (month, days, year), pp 00-00 (if no page numbers are available, cite parenthetically in the text).
- Dissertation: Author AB. 2013. Title of thesis. PhD thesis. University, City, ST, Country.
- Website: Author AB. 2013. Title of website. City (ST or country): Publisher. [cited 29 January 2013]. Available from: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1552-8618